Not a prediction. I'm the GM for each team in Round One.
1. Philadelphia - Ben Simmons PF LSU
-I don't know if it's Ingram or Simmons who winds up as the better player, Sixers choose upside.
2. LA Lakers - Brandon Ingram SF Duke
-Assuming it's Simmons who goes first, Ingram is also maybe a better fit for the Lakers and they can't be upset
3. Boston - Dragan Bender PF Croatia
-Top player remaining on the board, he doesn't give them much this year making a deal out appealing.
4. Phoenix - Jakob Poetl C Utah
-They need to go big, the choice here is between Poetl and say Hernangomez. Criss might actually be the pick but it's a little early. To me, there's not a 4th overall pick in this draft worthy of the slot.
5. Minnesota - Jamal Murray SG UK
-Dunn and Murray are still on the board, Murray's a better fit.
6. New Orleans - Kris Dunn PG Prov
-Wolves need the better scorer, NO needs the better defender.
7. Denver - Juan Hernangomez PF Spain
-Good young core, a power forward makes the most sense, Criss could go as early as here and not be too much of a reach.
8. Sacramento - Buddy Hield SG Okla
-It's not a good guard draft, top end and depth is with bigs, there's some potential for disappointment with Hield/Valentine, but you could go Hield here and not hate yourself.
9. Toronto - Marquesse Criss PF Wash
-Raptors need size, there's a lot of it at the top of the board right now.
10. Milwaukee -Ante Zizic C Croatia
-A couple international centers are due to come off the board, let's give one out now.
11. Orlando -Ivica Zubac C Bosnia
-and here's another one.
12. Atlanta - Wade Baldwin PG Vandy
Baldwin's my draft crush and after the Teague trade this would be terrific.
13. Phoenix - Domantas Sabonis PF Gonzaga
-Suns, looking front court, took a center at 4, take the power forward here.
14. Chicago - Jaylon Brown SF Cal
-The Bulls are a full teardown, Brown's got a lot of bust potential, but this is a good spot.
15. Denver - Furkan Kormaz SG Turkey
-Inside/outside on Denver's first two picks, both international guys.
16. Boston - Denzel Valentine SF Mich St.
-If Kormaz is here he makes the most sense given Boston took Bender third, this earliest it makes sense for Valentine.
17. Memphis - Tyler Ulis PG UK
-Is Conley leaving?
18. Detroit - Patrick McCaw SG UNLV
-Van Gundy gets a wing defender
19. Denver - Skal Labissiere C UK
-PF, SG, and now a center
20. Indiana - Malik Beasley SG Florida St.
21. Atlanta - Henry Ellenson PF Marquette
22. Charlotte - Gary Payton II PG Ore St
-Hornets could use a defensive minded backup PG and that's young GP.
23. Boston - Deyonta Davis PF/C Mich St
-Celtics go for both Spartans.
24. Philadelphia - Fred Van Vleet PG Wichita St.
-This might just be another not good enough to start guard, but he's best small on the board.
25. LA Clippers - Dejounte Murray PG Wash
-Real need for a backup PG.
26. Philadelphia - Malachi Richardson SG Syr
-Sixers take a shot a possible scorer here.
27. Toronto - Zhou Qi C China
-Size again for the Raptors
28. Phoenix - Jarrod Uthoff SF Iowa
-The value here is size, but the Suns have gone size and take a guy who can take it outside a little bit
29. San Antontio - Chinanu Onuaku C Louisville
-Interior defense, exactly what they want
30. Golden St. - Diamond Stone C Maryland
-Makes a ton of sense with possible losses of Bogut and Ezeli