Tendown 157 is here. This is Tendown 158.
1. Don't watch Fox. Really. But if you do you'll quickly see the formula. The "straight news" during the day is carefully curated to tee up the hot button issues that will be clubbed by the high priced talent at night. It goes like this.
2. We're almost at the halfway point - and the NBA's best club remains your Golden St. Warriors.
3. The greatest baseball player who ever lived didn't make the Hall of Fame - again - this week. Here's my ballot.
4. Curt Schilling should have made it. But didn't. And he knows why. Finally, someone appreciates Smoltz's lefty bonafides.
5. Right wing wackos wanted this guy to be Speaker of the House.
6. Now I'll use Kirby Delauter's name...without his permission.
7. Wage Stagnation.
8. More about Wage Stagnation
9. I've Watched it 3 Times
10. Pitchers and Catchers...
And one more...
11. Stu Scott died this week. I hesitate saying this because inserting oneself in tragedy is ugly, but he was particularly nice to me when no one was watching.
I'll be back next time. If there is a next time.