Sunday, January 4, 2015
Tendown 156 is here. This is Tendown 157
So, I used to write a weekly recap of whatever it was that came to mind; it was pretty good, says the author about himself, but a casualty of my "I've got two jobs and both are online, make the writing stop" way of life.
That life continues - and so the writing really doesn't resume, but it struck me that I wanted a place other than twitter and facebook to record what it was each week that I wanted to recall.
So, this is that. Very little prose. I gave at the company store. More links. Links curated with my delicate sensibility. Fun!
1. Serial got hosed and somewhere we should note that the Shonda Rhimes shows are all pretty bad. Rembert's Who Won 2014 bracket.
2. Whatever you do - don't criticize a Bradley Cooper movie.
3. Deadspin perfectly characterizes my feelings about the Harbaugh firing.
4. It can't be that Republican leaders have Neo-Nazi sympathies, right? The Majority Whip Talked to David Duke's Group
5. Fallows on the military.
6. This dude kept getting Charlie Browned.
7. Read some of The Worst Sportswriting of the Year. The Whitlock article is a good place to start.
8. I'm picking a Super Bowl rematch.
9. Guess who won't be unionizing in 2015?
10. Would you like to buy Rickey Henderson's house?
And one more...
11. Mario Cuomo's dead. Here he is at the '84 Convention.
That's all for this time. I'll be back next time. If there is a next time...