Tendown 173 is here. This is Tendown 174.
1. Mad Men Series Finale Prediction: Joan and Peggy start their own agency. You read it here first.
2. Letterman Finale Wish: 57 Channels and Nothing On.
This is a helluva year. To lose Letterman, Stewart, Mad Men and Parks and Rec. There's probably significant crossover among all four, I've seen every episode of Mad Men and if I've missed more than a couple of Parks I'd be surprised. I've been a regular watcher of every show Stewart's ever had and Letterman is probably the biggest single influence on my teenage personality. It's middle age white guy apocalypse.
3. Zeke's a curious hire.
4. Of course they cheated.
5. Deliberately, knowingly, over a protracted period of time.
Remember how Gaylord Perry doctored baseballs for years; it was sort of a winking joke among sports fans, "I cheat, it's fun" - that was his shtick and then he got in the Hall of Fame? Somewhere along the "PEDs are more like homicide and less like speed" line of thought we lost the ability to keep these things in proportion.
6. Who is Keeping the South Carolina public schools alive?
7. Must be the lack of school prayer.
8. On what turns out to be the second to last BS Report (talking to Chuck Klosterman) Bill Simmons said "here's what I woulda done with Don Draper" which is the most Bill Simmons thing Bill Simmons ever said.
He's leaving the Four Letter.
9. Here's the Governor of Florida.
10. How much do taxpayers pay the NFL to get fans to cheer for the troops? How much??
And one more...
That's all for this time. I'll be back next time. If there is a next time...