Pages

Athlete of the Month, November 2011

Monday, November 28, 2011

October is here.



Matt Barkley.  Runners up: Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Robert Griffin

11 months down.  There's a bit of a horse race for Athlete of the Year; I had in mind a winner for the past few months, but after this month, I've moved someone else in the lead spot.  Here are the first 11 nominees:

Nick Fairley
Aaron Rodgers
Kemba Walker
Danielle Adams
Dirk Nowitzki
Rory McIlroy

Novak Djokovic
Justin Verlander
Cliff Lee
David Freese
Matt Barkley

SI comes out with its Sportsman of the Year at the top of December; my choice won't be influenced by that choice.  I like to wait until I have a December winner, and usually look to find a December winner sometime around the third week of the month.  At that point, I'll also list each Athlete of the Year since 1990, as that's how long I've been doing this continuous exercise.

No comments

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It