Pages

Team 19th Century Intrasquad Game - Results

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

What's this?

I'm not close to ready to play games yet, but I put together the player cards for Team 1, the 19th Century team, and wanted to see if a simulated game felt like a baseball game or if the score would be 27-9.

So, the 19th Century Team had an intrasquad game, reserves vs. starters.  Here's the result:

19th C Reserves 5
19th C Starters 2

A real success in the opening game - the first 3 batters reached in the top of the first; I held my breath a little bit - but Kid Nichols got out of that jam and went on to pitch 7 scoreless innings to beat Cy Young 5-2.  For the reserves:

Sam Crawford 2-4 HR
Roger Connor 2-4 HR (also reached base 3 times for the starters, he and Cap Anson played for both teams)
Paul Hines HR

And for the starters: Ed Delahanty homered/doubled.  Young went 6 1/3, gave up 3 runs. 

That's enough for me to keep going.  I think I'll have each team play a practice game just like this as I complete their player cards. 


No comments

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It