Pages

10 Best Television Shows of 2015 (April-June)

Thursday, June 18, 2015

January-March was here.

1. Mad Men (AMC)
2. Veep (HBO)
3. Louie (FX)
4. The Americans (FX)
5. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)
6. Inside Amy Schumer (Comedy Central)
7. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
8. Silicon Valley (HBO)
9. The Late Show With David Letterman (CBS)
10. All In With Chris Hayes (MSNBC)

I went in with an open mind on dethroning Mad Men given its limited number of episodes; that didn't really come close to happening.  It went out a cut above everything else on television and were you to make me pick one, I'd say it's the best drama in TV history.

For a year I've had most of a piece written tracing the lineal sitcom champ from 1970 through present day, I don't know when time's going to permit me to finish it.  Right now, Veep is the best sitcom on television.  3-4 could be ordered either way; I mentioned in the first quarter of the year that Kimmy Schmidt would be carried over to here, it wound up being better than had I anticipated, a real worthy successor to 30 Rock and it certainly might challenge Veep next season.  The back half could be ordered in any way; the 12 Angry Men episode of Schumer is enough to get it here, as is the ending Everlong montage for Letterman's run.  Oliver is good every week; Hayes has the best news program on television, despite some concessions he's had to make in an attempt to find an audience.

Orange is the New Black and Bloodline carry over to the next quarter, although I don't know that either makes it.

No comments

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It