Pages

2017 MLB Postseason Predictions

Tuesday, October 3, 2017



AL

I'll take the Yankees over the Twins in the knockout game, NYY has an enormous pythag advantage on the Twins, and Santana's a fly ball pitcher against a slugging Yankee lineup.

I took Houston to win the pennant before the season, and they have a slight pythag advantage over Boston, plus the Verlander addition.  The Yankees are a sleeper pennant winner, and that means a really live dog against Cleveland, but the Indians are the best team in baseball and they get my nod to beat New York, then beat Houston and win the pennant again.

NL

Arizona's better and they're throwing Greinke.  That's my knockout pick.

I'm always higher on LA in the postseason than recent years warrant, that could be availability bias at watching them (and especially Kershaw) beat us so often, but I'll take them over Arizona. 

The Nats are a tick better than the Cubs and are getting Harper back, this is a real coin flip but that's who I'll take.  I picked LA before the season and I'll stick with the Dodgers.

That would mean and Indians/Dodgers series and I'll say it's Cleveland.


No comments

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It