Pages

Entertainment Weekly's Top 100 Movies - An Interim Post

Thursday, June 26, 2008





I may not get back to the EW list for a couple of days, but I will finish it.


But while I have a second - the following films not on the EW list are burning a hole in my head:


American Beauty, Requiem for a Dream, Donnie Darko.


I don't think any of them would make my Top 100, but they'd be in the conversation.


Princess Bride makes it.


So do Heathers and Election.

3 more documentaries that I neglected to mention in yesterday's post - the two wrestling documentaries, Beyond the Mat and Wrestling With Shadows, neither of which would make it, but I have boundless affection for the latter -- and a doc that not only makes it but makes it inside the top 25, Murder on a Sunday Morning, which is ahead of The Thin Blue Line as the best legal doc. ever made. I think The Staircase probably just misses the list, and Sin City Law is sitting on my DVD player right now this very second. French dudes can make them a movie about the US criminal justice system, yo.



No comments

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It